Yamaha FGC-TA BS TransAcoustic Dreadnought Cutaway Acoustic
Yamaha FGC-TA TransAcoustic cutaway guitars transport you to new creative spaces via immersive built-in reverb and chorus effects that actually resonate within the body of the instrument itself. Combining classic craftsmanship with revolutionary technology, the FGC-TA cutaway guitar will enable you to play and sound your best no matter where you are, and its cutaway design provides easy access to every note on the fretboard.
- Traditional Western Cutaway Body
- Solid Spruce Top
- Mahogany Back and Sides
- Nato neck with rosewood fretboard
- Scalloped Bracing for Louder, Richer Acoustic Sound
- Built-in reverb and chorus effects – no need for an amp or other external gear
An actuator installed on the inner surface of the guitar back resonates in response to the vibrations of the strings. The vibrations generated by the actuator are then transmitted to the body of the guitar and to the air in and around it, resulting in authentic reverb and chorus sounds that actually radiate from within the body.
Three simple controls adjust the effects levels and line out volume level. The small knobs occupy less space, reducing the acoustic sound loss that results from removing body wood.
(A) Chorus Control
(B) Reverb Control (Room / Hall)
(C) TA Switch / Line Out Volume Control
* Pressing the TA Switch for longer than 0.3 seconds activates the TA function.
* When a cable is connected to the Line Out jack, the volume can be adjusted by rotating knob (C).
* The reverb type switches from Room to Hall around the 12:00 position.
The battery box is integrated into the end-pin jack, requiring fewer holes in the body and thus reducing acoustic sound loss. Connect a cable from the jack to a PA or amp to use the TA instrument as an acoustic-electric guitar.